My Musical Equipment Closet

An opinionated collecton of short reviews of saxophones and woodwinds and the accessories which they require.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Santa Cruz, California, United States

"Other cultures are not failed attempts at being us. They are all unique manifestations of the human imagination and the human heart." Wade Davis

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A little teaser




OK, I'll be leaving Friday the 1st of December to join Star Princess for a couple weeks.

These last few weeks have been very exciting times for me, because of all the fuss over the Saxgourmet alto and tenor. Now this! Here's a photo that I was sent of Tom Scott playing with perhaps the best band I could imagine putting together nowawadays.


From the left, Terrance Blanchard, George Duke, Tom (cradling the alto he received after the tenor arrived, see previous post), Steve Gadd, and Marcus Miller. I wish I knew the circumstances under which this picture was taken, and as soon as I do I'll throw them out to the group mind on this blog.

They do appear to be having a great time, which probably means everybody had a look and a listen to that alto Tom's holding and sought a way to express their approval. And that does seem to be what they're doing.

More on this later . . .

I'll be bringing one of these wonderful altos with me when I play on the Star. I'll be able to add to this blog when I'm out in the Caribbean, courtesy of a couple dollar an hour internet places in Cozumel.

I'll also be bringing me new Pearl flute, a Pearl piccolo (anybody want to buy and Opermann?), and a Pearl alto flute if I can squeeze it between my Javascript and PHP books.

And when I get back, I'll have some great news about a fantastic new place where you can come out and try out many of the instruments I've been telling you about, in Austin, Texas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home